• put your amazing slogan here!

    Wednesday March 7


    Yesterday, I had a discussion with one of my students.  He said toward the end of the hour, "You are very good at explaining this (referring to the Beatitudes) to me.  You are a professional at it."  The conversation went on from there, but I told him this is not true and leaving the compliment alone.  Today I read a passage in Amos 7, which described the very scene we had yesterday.  14 But Amos replied, "I'm not a professional prophet, and I was never trained to be one.  I'm just a shepherd, and I take care of sycamore fig trees.  15 But the Lord called me away from my flock and told me, 'Go and prophesy to my people in Israel. 16 Now then, listen to this message from the Lord:"  and it continues on with His message.  The point is you do not need to be a professional prophet to have the Holy Spirit enter into your heart and let Him speak.  Only good and miraculous things will come and doing so is taking care of God's Kingdom.


    In Brotherly Love,

    PB

    2 comments:

    1. What an excellent point! I'm TOTALLY going to steal this for one of my LST devotionals in Natal, Brazil this summer! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Amen! So awesome when others can see the Spirit in you.

      ReplyDelete

     

    Blogger news

    About

    Blogroll