• put your amazing slogan here!

    Classes Update



    Since the beginning of April, classes have been unusual.  I’ve had a couple of my faithful students miss a week, and others changed schedules on me. It has worked out for the better.  Students, who took a little break, had regained their energy and enthusiasm.  With those changing schedules to meet at a different, I was able to utilize my time with planning the Aprilia Weekend, Park Day, and Fair Day (these blogposts are available to read). With many of my students, we are reading Gethsemane and heading into the crucifixion. We read the Last Supper and one of my students asked, ‘Why we take the Lord’s Supper?’ This is an easy answer, because we take the Lord’s Supper to remember Jesus Christ.  But, with my lack of Bible knowledge, I assumed one of the Gospels wrote, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. Matthew and Mark did not site this, because I am reading those two with my students. So, we checked Luke and John and I found, to my surprise, that they did not site the written passage above either! It was Paul who wrote this that he received from the Lord, not one of the Gospels.  The importance is to always remember Jesus’ sacrifice for all mankind’s sins, even if you cannot remember who sited why. But, now everyone can remember that Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 11: 23-26 the reason of why we take the Lord’s Supper

    In Brotherly Love,

    PB

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Blogger news

    About

    Blogroll